Name - Arothron firmamentum
Life Sciences Identifier (LSID)
Variants and Synonyms
Reported Taxonomic Ranks
Reported Taxonomic Hierarchies
- First documented occurrence of the starry toadfish Arothron firmamentum (Teleostei: Tetraodontidae) in the south-west Atlantic.
- A possible case of transoceanic dispersal of a commonly occurring Indo-west Pacific pufferfish to the south-west Atlantic.
- Occurrence of saxitoxins as a major toxin in the ovary of a marine puffer Arothron firmamentum.
- Two northernmost records of the fishes, Naso brevirostris (Acanthuridae) and Arothron firmamentum (Tetraodontidae), collected from Hokkaido (off Setana), Japan.
- Taxonomy of puffer fish (Pisces: Tetraodontidae) represented in the catches of Visakhapatnam, central eastern coast of India.
Search name in:
External LinksNCBI Metadata
Encyclopedia of Life