Name - Chimaera monstrosa
Life Sciences Identifier (LSID)
Variants and Synonyms
Reported Taxonomic Ranks
Reported Taxonomic Hierarchies
- Near-equal compressibility of liver oil and seawater minimises buoyancy changes in deep-sea sharks and chimaeras.
- Holocephalan (Chondrichthyes) dental plates with hypermineralized dentine as a substitute for missing teeth through developmental plasticity.
- First record of the opal chimaera, Chimaera opalescens (Holocephali: Chimaeridae) and revision of the occurrence of the rabbitfish Chimaera monstrosa in theAzoreswaters.
- Length-weight relationships for five species of Chimaerids and two species of Rhinochimaerids to the west of Ireland.
- Occurrence of the rabbitfish (Chimaera monstrosa Linnaeus, 1758) in the deep seas of Northern Cyprus, Mediterranean Sea.
Search name in:
External LinksNCBI Metadata
Encyclopedia of Life